We had almost 100% attendance at the first group/ensemble lesson of 2011 with only one student missing! Rehearsal was begun on our newest ensemble piece, “Fresh Start”, we discussed articles on our monthly magazine, “Piano Explorer” and each student performed a piano solo.
Some of the announcements included:
- Festival fees are due to me ASAP. I will be turning in the applications soon.
- Our next group/ensemble lesson will be Tuesday, February 22nd at 5:00 pm (both festival/recital pieces should be played from memory).
- Pre-festival recital is scheduled for Sunday, February 27th: all students are expected to perform whether or not they are participating in the festival and all pieces should be performed from memory.
- Composition contest as described in the January “Piano Explorer”. Students should begin to work on a composition which may or may not be entered in the competition, but everyone should begin working on a composition.
- Festival rehearsal will be on Friday, March 11th and the Festival is Saturday, March 12th. I have potentially 5 students participating.
- Welcome to our newest student, Brianna!